BP Oil Spill Update: Birds, Barrel Bickering & Betty White
The latest news from the Gulf Coast:
- The first two birds rescued from the spill have been returned to the wild
- Officials are pumping more fresh river water into the Louisiana wetlands to try to push the oil offshore
- Teams of fishermen continue working to save their shoreline
- A Florida State oceanography professor says the number of barrels being discharged by the spill is five times larger than BP & Coast Guard estimates
- Fresh off her Saturday Night Live appearance, Betty White is pitching in to the Gulf Coast wildlife protection efforts
For all the latest news on how the oil spill is impacting the Gulf Coast’s wildlife and to learn how you can help, visit www.nwf.org/oilspill.