On Tar Sands, Will President Obama be Master of His Domain?
Julia Louis-Dreyfus, an Emmy-winning actress best known as Elaine on Seinfeld, is among those asking President Obama to say no to the proposed Keystone XL tar sands pipeline. Watch this new video from Tar Sands Action:
Why would the proposed pipeline so terrible?
- Pipeline giant TransCanada has sent letters to American landowners threatening to confiscate their property by eminent domain – even before President Obama makes a final decision
- Tar sands would increase climate pollution at at time when global warming is already fueling 2011’s extreme weather
- The Keystone XL pipeline would leave people and wildlife along the pipeline route at risk of a tar sands spill
- The pipeline would kill jobs and raise gas prices in the Midwest
How can you help stop the Keystone XL tar sands pipeline?
- If you’re in the DC area, sign up to join Sunday’s massive rally to encircle the White House.
- If you can’t make the DC rally, please take a moment right now to ask President Obama to say no to tar sands.
I’ll be at the White House on Sunday. Hope to see you there!