Be Out There: Five Great Online Tools For Parents To Increase Their Kids’ Outdoor Time
Moms and dads who want to increase the amount of outdoor play time their kids are getting each week can find valuable help from the National Wildlife Federation’s Be Out There parents’ education program by using five terrific online tools:
- Be Out There: Green Hour parents’ support program – with daily activity guides, social networks, audio guides, parent safety tips and more.
- NatureFind – an easy-to-use online zipcode-based locator tool for parks, recreation sites, trails and nature centers near you. It also includes events and activities.
- Wildlife Watch – a great online tool for going out and identifying wildlife, recording observations, uploading photos and sharing notes.
- Garden for Wildlife – helps families attract birds, butterflies and wildlife directly to their home and makes the yard a great place to play and observe nature.
- Great American Backyard Campout – a year-round tool for family camping or a chance to sign up for a nationwide backyard campout in June each year.
Learn more about the goals and approach of NWF’s Be Out There parents’ education campaign and our new partnership with Warner Bros.’ feature film Where The Wild Things Are.