We have much more to do and your continued support is needed now more than ever.
Amazing Wildlife Photos and the True Stories Behind Them
Since 1970, National Wildlife® magazine’s annual Photo Contest has attracted wildlife and nature enthusiasts from around the world to share their work and compete with other amateur and professional photographers.
We can’t say enough about the unbelievably inspiring and beautiful photos–and can’t wait to judge the 2009 contest, which comes to a close July 20th (11 DAYS!).
We recently read through some of the great stories that were submitted with the photos, and noticed some fun trends.
- Family members both help and hinder in the creative process.
- Photographers love the thrill of the perfect moment and rare sights.
- Photography can be a long-term commitment.
- Photographers push themselves physically.
- Photography teaches about nature.
- Animals sometimes respond to photographers.
- Photographers make us want to travel to amazing places.
- Photography is not always glamorous.
- Photography can be therapeutic.
- Photography can be poetic and moving.
Think you have a photo and story to match? Enter the 2009 Photo Contest by July 20, 2009!
Cash prizes total $25,000. You can submit up to 20 images in seven categories in professional, amateur and youth divisions. Winning images will be published online in NWF’s PhotoZone and a selection of the winners will also be published in the December 2009 issue of National Wildlife® magazine.