We have much more to do and your continued support is needed now more than ever.
Coal Train Tracker
More than a dozen coal trains have derailed in 2012 already, with record-setting temperatures across the US contributing to the epidemic (hot weather causes steel rails to buckle). National Wildlife Federation’s Coal Train Tracker lets you keep tabs on the situation, and you can learn more about the dangers of coal exports by visiting NWF.org/coalexports.
Click on the red balloon icons for more information about each crash. You can also zoom and pan around using your mouse or the buttons on the left hand side of the map.
Don’t miss our new report The True Cost Of Coal: The Coal Industry’s Threat to Fish and Communities in the Pacific Northwest
- Two More Coal Train Wrecks — The Epidemic Continues
- Sportsmen Target Coal Exports
- Coal Train Derailments Lead to Tragedy
- Loaded Coal Train Derails Near Columbia River Gorge
- Mr. Peabody’s Coal Train Has Hauled It Away…
- Coal Exports Through the Pacific Northwest—Get Ready for a Fight
- Big Coal Launches Sneak Attack on Oregon – Speak Up NOW to Protect Wildlife
- NWF Members Say “More Orcas! No Coal!”
- Coal Export Threatens a Pacific Northwest Legacy
- Coal Exports Compromise the Clean History of the Pacific Northwest